Monte Alem is a typical Portuguese farmhouse, situated in Alcaria Fria in the Eastern Algarve. The house is hidden in a wonderful valley with gorgeous views and you can see the ocean on the horizon.
You will be
able to enjoy the peaceful surroundings as the farm is the only house in the valley. No neighbours, no cars ... total privacy.
This Portuguese farm was built more than 100 years ago and has been restored to its old glory a couple of years ago. The 65
cm thick old walls will keep you cool, even on hot summer days.
The Quinta is surrounded by different terraces. Do you want to read a book in the shadow of the old cork oak, dream away in the cocoon? Enjoy breakfast with fresh orange juice
on the patio? Have your aperitif in the sun while enjoying the panorama? You could even climb up 40 meters more to find an even more spectacular view from the old threshing floor (‘eira’).The total area surrounding the Quinta is more than 6.000
In the garden of your holiday home you will find a selection of Mediterranean fruit trees: oranges, lemons, olives, grapefruit, figs, apples. We also have palm trees, various fresh herbs and a lot of flowers (oleander, hibiscus and
bougainvillea). Even eucalyptus trees and papyrus, succulent plants and the typical Algarvian cork oaks.
While taking a refreshing bath in the 8 x 3,5 meter wide pool with special un deep part of 2 x 3 meter for small children, you will
be able to enjoy the beautiful surroundings. At night, thousands of stars will be reflected in it and while you count the shooting stars, you will hear the sounds of a lonely owl nearby.
The farmhouse has 25 m long façade. On the
floor you will find the famous terracotta tiles which are made in the nearby village of Santa Catarina. The ceilings of beams and cane give the typical Algarvian feeling to the house.
In the Quinta you will find:
double or single bedrooms.(eventually with a cot)
- 2 bathrooms with washbasin and toilet and a big shower
- a sitting area with cosy fire place for cool nights
- a kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, big
fridge, a gas hob and oven, various kitchen appliances such as juicer and toaster
- a dining area with a huge table and a pellet burner
- gas BBQ on the terrace near the pool
- Extremely beautiful natural surroundings with panoramic views
- Utmost privacy and calm atmosphere
- Rustic farmhouse for 6 guests in rural setting
- 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
- Cot and high chair for kids free available
- Completely furnished kitchen with dishwasher
- Fireplace in the living room
- TV (with satellite dish), radio, CD player, DVD,
- Wood burner in dining
- Various terraces, in the sun and in the shade, with garden furniture
- Pool with sun loungers
- Gas BBQ
- Bed- and bath linen included, as well as beach towels
- No pets allowed
car is indispensable
- Distance from the airport (Faro): 40 minutes
- Distance to the beach: 30 minutes
- Nearest village is 13 km
- Supermarkets in Santa Catarina (small) and São Bras de Alportel and
- Nice restaurants in the neighbourhood